Move to Canada

A study permit is a written authorization issued by an officer allowing foreign nationals to study in Canada. A study permit becomes invalid 90 days after your study program has been completed.

Your program is considered complete when you receive a notification of program completion from your school.

Five steps for Study Permit Process

1. Find The Right School for your career.

2. Submit your Application documents

3. Get your Acceptance Letter

4. Apply for your Visa( Study Permit)

5. Fly to Canada

Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:

  • The Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • The Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • The Canadian Experience Class
  • Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry system through their Provincial
  • Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs.

Five steps for express entry

1. Create profile for Express Entry

2. Calculate your points

3. Submit your profile to Comprehensive Ranking System

4. Highest score in the pool will be issued on invitation

5. Get your PR Card!

Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie provinces of Western Canada. Its economy is primarily based on agriculture and important natural resources industries like forestry and fishing. There are two major cities, Saskatoon and Regina, and the province is equipped with an excellent public health system as well as education with recognized universities and colleges.

The Provincial Nominee Program in Saskatchewan is popular known as SINP, the candidate with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a Saskatchewan provincial nomination certificate, and afterwards is possible to apply for Canadian permanent residence. 

The SINP accepts applications under the following categories:

International Skilled Worker Category

This category accepts applications from skilled workers who plan to live and work in the Province of Saskatchewan. Applicants are measured based on a points system and can be nominated under: 

International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer

This sub-category is for skilled workers with a skilled job offer from a Saskatchewan employer.

To learn more about eligibility requirements for the Employment Offer sub-category.

International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand 

This sub-category is for highly skilled workers with experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan, who do not yet have a job offer in the province.

Minimum Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible under the Occupation In-Demand sub-category, applicants must:

  • Have proof of legal status, if currently residing in Canada;
  • Have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4;
  • Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education or training comparable to the Canadian education system;
    • The program of study must have resulted in a degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate.
    • All applications to the Occupation In-Demand Sub-Category must include an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from a designated organization. 
    • Individuals who have completed trades or vocational training as part of their high school education are not required to submit an ECA, but must instead apply for Saskatchewan licensure.
  • Have a minimum level of work experience related to their field of education or training in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, or B) that is considered to be in-demand in Saskatchewan;
    • At least one year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession (non-trades); OR
    • At least two years of work experience in a skilled trade within the past five years; OR
    • At least one year of skilled work experience in Canada in the past three years (trades and non-trades).
  • Obtain proof of Professional Status or Licensure (for regulated occupations or those with professional certification standards in Canada and/or Saskatchewan) if required by the SINP;
    • If a proof of licensure is requested, the SINP will hold application processing until such proof is provided. 
  • Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan; and
  • Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the point assessment grid.

You can see the list of the In-Demand occupations HERE.

International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry

This sub-category enables the province to nominate individuals who are already in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry pool and who have the necessary education, in-demand skilled work experience, language ability, and other factors to help them settle successfully and integrate into Saskatchewan’s labour market and communities.

As candidates must be in the federal Express Entry pool, all candidates must be eligible for one of the three federal economic immigration programs:

Expression of Interest (EOI) Points Assessment Grid

Candidates in the SINP’s International Skilled Worker Category Expression of Interest (EOI) pool are assessed according to the following five factors:

1 – education and training;

2 – skilled work experience;

3 – language ability;

3 – age;

4 – connection to the Saskatchewan labour market and adaptability.

To enter the SINP EOI pool, candidates are required to score a minimum of 60 out of 100 points in the EOI Points Grid, among other eligibility requirements, in order to be considered.

Five steps for express entry

1. Calculate your points

2. Create profile for PEI Express Entry

3. Selected applicants will be issued on invitation

4. Submit your PNP application for nomination

5. Apply for your PR Card from IRCC!

The PEI Express Entry is one of few programs that allows you to be nominated by the province of Prince Edward Island without having a job offer from an employer. If you are nominated by PEI, the chance of being issued an Invitation to Apply from the Federal Government will be significantly increased.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to apply for the PEI Express Entry program, you must:

  • meet the requirements of at least one of the Federal Economic Immigration programs:
    • Federal Skilled Worker Program;
    • Federal Skilled Trades Program; or
    • Canadian Experience Class; and
  • create a Federal Express Entry Profile and be placed in the pool of candidates. You can create a profile at any time through IRCC.

Who is not eligible to apply?

If you are currently working in PEI on a post-graduate open work permit, you must satisfy the following conditions prior to applying:

  • Have at least 6 months of full-time experience working for the PEI employer, and
  • Have at least 4 months remaining before the expiration of your work permit at the time of submitting an application to the Province.

If you are currently in Canada, you must be here legally. This means that if you are in Canada on a study permit and you are not studying, you are not eligible to apply.

Selection factors

Your EOI profile will be scored based on the following criteria:

  • Age (20),
  • Language (20),
  • Education (15),
  • Work Experience (20),
  • Employment (10), and
  • Adaptability (15).

The maximum points are 100. The province is currently giving priority to applicants that are living and working in PEI. We recommend you consider studying in PEI or finding a PEI employer in order to boost your chance to be invited by the province.

Five steps for express entry

1. Calculate your points

2. Create profile for PEI Express Entry

3. Selected applicants will be issued on invitation

4. Submit your PNP application for nomination

5. Apply for your PR Card from IRCC!

Family reunification is one of the top focuses of the Canadian immigration. In order to achieve this, Canada offers several immigration programs under Family Class.

Family members that you can sponsor are:

Common-law partner
Conjugal partner
Dependent child

Five steps for Family Sponsorship

1. Find out If you are eligible

2. Prepare the documents

3. Submit the application

4. Wait for a year to get approved

5. Get your Family next to you.

In order to be eligible under the Entrepreneur Immigration stream, you must have been lawfully admitted in the country where you currently reside.

Your personal net worth must be legally obtained and verifiable. You must have title to any real estate holdings and business ownership. You must have a minimum of more than three years of experience as an active business owner-manager, or more than four years of experience as a senior manager, or a combination of at least one year of experience as an active business owner-manager and at least two years of experience as a senior manager

You must provide information on your highest level of education completed. To register, you must have a post-secondary credential, or as an active business owner-manager with 100 per cent ownership of the business for at least three of the past five years.

Six steps for Business Immigration

The U.S. employer files L-1 Visa petition (Form I-129)

Submit your visa application to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Schedule a visa interview appointment

Obtain an L-1 Visa and arrive in the United States

Start working for the U.S. employer

Start working for the U.S. employer

The Quebec government continues to promote the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program. The three primary conditions to be eligible under the program, which were updated in 2018, are:

1. Demonstrate a personal net worth of at least $2 million legally acquired through conducting business or holding a high-level management position in a private company, government or NGO.

2. Demonstrate:
a) Having owned and operated a business for two years in the previous five years, OR
b) Having held a high-level management position for two years in the previous five years in a private company, government or NGO.

3. Invest $1.2 million in a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years and receive no interest. Applicants may finance their investment.

Invest $1.2 million in a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years and receive no interest. Applicants may finance their investment.

Move to the USA

If you would like to study as a full-time student in the United States, you will need a student visa (F-1).

The F-1 Visa allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. You must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate and your school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

Apply and be admitted to a school in the United States

Obtain a form I-20 from the school

Pay I-901 SEVIS fee

Apply for an F-1 Visa

Enter the United and start the program.

E2 Visa is a non-immigrant classification that allows a national of a Treaty Country to be admitted to the U.S. when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.

Currently, there is no quota or annual cap for the E-2 category, which means the number of available E-2 visas is unlimited. The citizen from those countries are allowed to come to the U.S. to open the business and work as an executive, manager, or “essential” worker.


Invest to establish or purchase a business 3-4 weeks.


Apply for E2 by completing DS-160 and pay a visa for 1-2 weeks


Schedule an interview and submit proof of investment 3-4 weeks.


Visa an interview at local US consular office and obtain an E-2 Visa


Travel to the US and start managing the business.

The L-1 Visa enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive/ manager (L-1A) or professional employee with specialized knowledge (L-1B) from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States.

In order for the U.S. employer to qualify for the L-1 Visa, the company must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company (parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate, collectively referred to as qualifying organizations) and do business in the United States. While the business must be viable, there is no requirement that it be engaged in international trade.

Lastly, the employee who is being transferred from the foreign office must have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her application for the L-1 Visa.

The U.S. employer files L-1 Visa petition (Form I-129)

Submit your visa application to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Schedule a visa interview appointment

Obtain an L-1 Visa and arrive in the United States

Start working for the U.S. employer

The EB-3 employment visa is an immigrant visa which allows foreign nationals who are Professionals, Skilled Workers, or Unskilled Workers to enter the United States to obtain permanent residency.

Apply for Labor Certificate from US Department of Labor

Apply for I-140 US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Pay Visa Fee upon receive Visa fee bill from National Visa Center

Obtain Immigrant Visa and land US before the expiry date of the visa.

Interview at local US Consular Office

Invitation letter & interview within 2 months.

Settle in the US. Start to work for the sponsor.

The EB-5 program has been designed to provide a green card to foreign investors who invest in economic development in the United States, especially in high unemployment areas

Foreign investors must invest $1 million in a U.S. business, or $500,000 in a Targeted Employment Area, which must be used to create or preserve a minimum of 10 full-time jobs.